Friday, September 20, 2013

Timing

Sorry it's been awhile but I've been extremely tried lately. Usually I write after I put Oliver to bed but recently I find myself knocked out before I can even manage a shower. I really do feel bad for not posting anything in such a long time so please accept my apologies and my promise to try to stay on top of my posts!

Nothing super exciting is happening with Noah lately. I have posted a few new pictures and videos on our What Do You Do With A Miracle? Facebook page of things we have been doing but as far as medically relevant updates.... I got nothin'! Which is good! It means he is stable and just being Noah. Our next big appointment is coming up though on the 30th.

Noah will be going to Dell Children's and put under anesthesia for a scoping procedure. Some of you may remember when he was a teeny tiny newborn he had to have this done. He was about 6 days old. I was completely terrified about him being put to sleep and completely terrified of what they would find during the procedure. I still get really nervous about him going under because sometimes it can be hard for kids with low muscle tone to fully wake back up and be able to breathe on their own. But it's a really fast, simple procedure and it will answer a lot of questions about Noah's airway. I will definitely post an update after the appointment!

But what I really wanted to write about today is timing. Not ours, but God's. Sometimes things just happen so beautifully in our life and we take all the credit. And then on the flip side when things go wrong, we blame someone, something, or even God himself for "screwing up." But God doesn't screw up. He doesn't make mistakes. He is the most Perfect, the Creator, the Giver of Life, the Healer. He makes it all happen whether it is what we want or not. It is what we need. And that's why He makes it happen. And it doesn't matter why these things happen. There is no need to ask questions. It doesn't matter why someone is sick, why you lost your job, why someone wins the lottery. It's doesn't matter because we will never know the answer. All we need to know is that God is in control.

I am writing this to serve as a reminder to myself. Because a lot of times I get caught up in the "why" of everything, especially when it comes to Noah. But if I can just hold on to my faith and remember that this is all planned by the Ultimate Planner then I can relax a little bit and try to enjoy life instead of question it.





No comments:

Post a Comment