Friday, May 23, 2014

On A Roll...

Today I was able to sleep in until 8:30am! Oliver didn't wake up until after 9 so we just hung around in our jammies for awhile. Around noon we were all dressed and ready to go to the park.
Nathan and I took Oliver and Savannah to a neighborhood park that has lots of nice shady trees and a canopy over the playscape so it doesn't get too hot. Oliver made friends with another little boy, as always. They ran around playing chase and shooting aliens with their "guns" made out of sticks. I sat at the nice gazebo and fed a hungry little Savannah the whole time. That girl can eat!
After an hour we left and headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things then headed back home to meet with a new nurse. I almost always request a "meet and greet" with a new nurse before their first shift these days. I have had some pretty terrible experiences in the past so I have found it is better to meet them beforehand so I can let the agency know if I feel uncomfortable at all before they actually show up at my house for a 12 hour shift. Anyway, that's a whole other issue. The nurse we met today seems like she will be a good fit. Hopefully she will be able to help us fill a few open weekend spots.
I also got a new baby wrap in the mail today so I spent part of the afternoon watching YouTube tutorials to learn how to wrap with it. I definitely still need some practice but I am hoping to be able to wear Savannah in the wrap next Saturday while we take Noah to the sMiles 4 Sammy 1K race that I registered us for.
This evening Nathan grilled up some yummy chicken fajitas for dinner, which I had to inhale in between Savannah's demands to be nursed. Like I said before, that girl can eat!
The rest of the evening I have spent in my room feeding the baby (and trying to type this entry one handed) while Nathan entertains Oliver and Noah does his nighttime routine of breathing treatments, massage, and bed time feeding.
And that is about it for today. See y'all tomorrow!

P.S. Two entries in a row. I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment