Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mama Tribe

I am 23 years old and I have 3 children. The last 4 years of my life have been the greatest experience I could ever hope for. There have been utterly awesome moments as well as some not-so-good times. I absolutely love and adore my children. There is no doubt that I would give everything for me. I love being a Stay At Home Mom so that I can be there to see it all. But this life is isolating. It doesn't have to be, but it is. 

A long time ago there were women that banded together to raise their children. They knew each other inside and out, backwards and forwards. They cared about one another and they loved each other's children as their own. They laughed together as they harvested food in the fields they cried together as they washed the laundry. They were doing life together. They belonged to each other. 

But now as I sit in my living room watching my children play I am yearning to belong. I was apart of several online mama communities. And with most of these groups I was disappointed. There are women in these groups just tearing each other down. They use their words to hurt someone and it's just so, so sad. I will never understand why things have gotten to this point. 

I wish things were different. I wish I didn't only have "online friends." I'm sure most other Mom's would agree. Let's all stop hating on each other and band together to nurture our growing families. 

I need a Mama Tribe. 



2 comments:

  1. Came across you blog on the tracheostomy message boards. Just wanted to say, "I hear you!" I feel the same way. Modern parenting can be very isolating, and special/medical needs parenting even more so. I'm grateful for the online meeting spaces but I think so many people want more in-person interaction than we typically have anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This information is very helpful thank me :D :D

    visit back my website ^_^
    biro jasa sim
    biro jasa bpkb
    biro jasa perizinan
    biro jasa stnk

    ReplyDelete