Monday, November 10, 2014

Why I Will Always Bathe My Son

"Are you sure I can't help you?"

"No, we're fine," I always say. 

It started out as something simple. My night nurse hurt her back so she couldn't lift Noah out of the tub. I stepped in and did what needed to be done, kind of begrudgingly at first if I'm being totally honest. But as time went on and I continued my daily routine of giving Noah his bath it turned into something that I can't stop doing. 

Sometimes bath time is the only good part of Noah's day. The only time that he smiles because he loves being in the water. I love that I get to spend that moment with him, even if it's just 5 minutes. 

I know I have nurses that can just as easily bathe him. It is in their job description and part of their duties. When I have a new nurse they always ask if I would rather have them do it. They always want to help. But they are helping me in a way that they don't even know. They are helping me love my little boy. They are giving me 5 minutes of "normal" with him while I wash his hair and watch him giggle as his big brother splashes next to him. 

It is an intimate moment with my son. A time where I can show him my love by washing him clean and taking care of him. 

I love bath time. And I will bathe my sweet baby boy for the rest of our days together <3

No comments:

Post a Comment