Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beyond Thankful

I cannot describe in words how wonderful these last few days have been. It is a great reminder of how truly blessed we are to have such amazing friends, loving family, and God's angels helping us on our journey. We started the fundraiser hoping to make around $1,500 to cover our travel expenses to Indianapolis for the PMD Family Conference. After just 12 hours of the fundraiser being posted online we had met over 70% of our goal! Now I realize that some donations have been quite large and we are obviously beyond grateful for the large amounts, but even the smaller ones have pushed us closer to our goal. Even those of you have shared the link to the website have helped us reach so many more people than we ever could by ourselves. And for that I would like to say thank you! Some donations have been anonymous and we may never know who contributed those, but we are still so blown away by the generosity of every single person who has helped us in some way.

This conference means so much to our family. We are hoping to educate ourselves about PMD so we can know "what to expect" (although we will never really know since the course of this disease varies so greatly) and how to give Noah the best life he can possibly have. It is also important for me to meet other parents who deal with the same things I do. It is hard to relate if you don't have a special needs child so I am sooo looking forward to sharing, venting, ranting, etc. to people who get me. 

I wish I had something to give back besides just a simple thank you. But since that is all I have to give at the moment, I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that has contributed to Changing Noah's Life!


Y'all make Noah happy, too!

Here is the link to the fundraiser so you can check out our progress so far: Change Noah's Life Fundraiser

No comments:

Post a Comment