Tuesday, May 14, 2013

First Time

Being a special needs Mommy has so many ups and downs. The ups are higher and the downs are lower. One of my ups happened today. Noah was laying in his bed and I was giving him a delicious tube feeding of mixed berries and coconut milk. I noticed he was moving his arms, hands, and fingers a bunch so I grabbed one of his toys and started shaking it hoping he would even just see it or possibly even touch it.

And he did!

I don't know how much of an accident it was that he was playing with this toy I was jingling right in his face but he was doing it. Noah played with a toy for the first time. Sure, I was holding it right by his hand but he reached and touched it all by himself!

It was such a wonderful moment. Watch it here:

It is moments like this when I really, truly believe that we will get our miracle that we have prayed so hard for since Noah was born. These times when he does things that I thought may never happen. I know he is only touching a toy but for me this is a brand new door that has been opened for my sweet Noah.

Thank you all for reading this blog, for praying for our family, for loving our precious Noah Jack.


No comments:

Post a Comment