Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother

My Mom and I are very alike in so many ways. We have the same personality which as a teenager led to many fights between us. Now that I'm an "adult" I realize that I was wrong in those fights roughly 90% of the time. I have my own children that I love so fiercely and now I know what she and my Dad were trying to protect me from. The world is such a devastatingly terrifying place. If I could keep my boys small forever I would. Just to save them the heartache of growing up in this broken place.

My Mother has been my rock since Noah was born. She has helped me emotionally, financially, whatever we need to get through. She is always there for me when I need her. But I know she is hurting, too. After all, she is watching her daughter, only 21-years-old, trying to deal with things that no one should ever have to face. She has watched me cry for my children. She has listened to me when I am on the edge of throwing in the towel. She is looking at me trying to make sense of all of this craziness, and sometimes I just can't. And I know it hurts her. I know she wants to help me. We all feel so powerless in this situation. I can't fix my child's disease and she can't fix her child's broken heart. It sucks.

So today I want to say thank you. Thank you for being here. Thank you for hurting right along with me.

I love you, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of the mom you have become! You are right, my heart breaks, at times, to watch you through your struggles. But then my heart soars as I watch you with those precious boys.

    ReplyDelete