Saturday, May 11, 2013

Match Made In Heaven

I've been thinking a lot lately about how Oliver is so advanced for his age and so gifted in many ways. Oliver has been talking since he was 6 months old and hasn't stopped. He understands things far beyond his years. And he has handled this hard transition way better than expected. I know I am so blessed to have him.

I also get a little sad when I think about how Oliver started walking on his 10 month birthday. Today Noah is 10 months old. I don't really like to focus on things that he can't do because that list is so long and depressing. But sometimes my mind wanders. And I watch videos of Oliver doing such awesome things, reaching milestones that just may never come for Noah. It hurts my heart.

But last night I was thinking about how wonderfully my life has played out. Having my two boys both so completely different from one another. Oliver will always be Noah's protector, his voice, his friend. And in turn, Noah will teach Oliver that being different is okay and that we can overcome our disabilities to live a good life.

I am so proud of my boys. Even though they are still babies, they are both so strong. Noah has had some pretty rough breaks in his short 10 months of life. But even still, he smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen and can light up a room with the sparkle in his eye. Oliver has had to deal with sharing his Mommy's time and attention while also learning things about Noah and his special needs. God really knew what He was doing when He blessed me with these two very special children.

They really are a match made in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment