Saturday, July 27, 2013

Escape

Escape. Yesterday I got the chance to escape. Or I should say we did. The stars aligned perfectly and we had the whole day to ourselves. Oliver was with his Grandma and Noah was in the care of his favorite nurse, Miss Brittney. Nathan had the day off from work since his birthday is on Sunday. We had a whole day of nothing to do and no where we had to be. We decided pretty last minute [which is sooo not my style these days] to take a day trip to Houston and go to the Kemah Boardwalk. 7 total hours in the car with my husband was probably just what we needed. We talked some and sang along to the radio. We had the chance to simply enjoy each others company without attending to children. It was nice.

I felt young again.

I know, I know. I'm only 21 so I'm not old but I feel like it most days. I have so much to do and worry about and plan. It was so good to have a whole day where I didn't have to do anything of that. Of course I'm a Mommy so I always worry and I always miss my babies. But I knew they were both well taken care of so it was a nice break to just be myself and enjoy some time away with Nathan.

We walked on the boardwalk, ate some lunch/dinner [linner? dunch?] at Landry's, and watched little crabs, jellyfish, and catfish swim around in the ocean. The boardwalk will be a really cool place to take the kids when they get a little older. Lots of rides and fun carnival-type games to play. We had a really nice day and got back home just in time for a nice thunderstorm!

Escape. Just what I needed to remind myself of everything that I miss waiting back at home for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment