Thursday, June 13, 2013

This Is For You

I have been feeling very emotional the last week or so. Crying for seemingly no reason, storming out of the house. I am an extremely sensitive person. I used to cry during volleyball games or practice in high school when I did something wrong and my coach started yelling at me. Not exactly a great trait for a Team Captain.

I look at my children and I cry from having so much love in my heart. I go through pictures of them as teeny, tiny babies and I weep. I am crying as I type this. In fact, I cry with almost every blog post I write. I write from my heart. I write with my soul. I write to have an outlet for all of my emotions that I have to keep mostly contained during the day.

Sometimes    like today    I feel like a crazy person when I answer the door for the UPS guy and I have tears running down my face. I feel like it's okay for me to cry though. Sometimes it is all I know how to do. Most of the time it is all I can do. And I usually walk away from my tears feeling just a tad bit lighter than before.

This post is for you. Whatever you are going through. Whether you found my blog because you have a special needs child and you need someone to relate to. Whether you are a part of my family and you feel my pain, too. If you are lost and wandering and mad and lonely. This is for you. It is okay to cry. It is okay to be sad. You are only human and crying makes you even more real, more whole.

To weep is to make less the depth of grief. 
         William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment